Japanese dramas
Just a mini blogpost for me to spazz about the japanese dramas I've watched recently or am watching now.

1) okitegami kyoko no biboroku

File:The Memorandum of Kyoko Okitegami-p1.jpg

Live action of a manga of the same name, this drama talks about a super unlucky guy who always find himself in the middle of a mystery case and he would often ask for help from Kyoko, a detective whose memory gets refreshed everytime she falls asleep.

Good looking cast and every episode is a new mystery all presented in a light hearted manner.
Too bad there are only 10 eps.

2) 5 ji kara 9 ji made

File:From Five To Nine-p1.jpg

Also a live action of a manga that I like. They didn't follow the manga too closely but its alright cause it turned out okay in the flow of the drama. Cast is also quite good looking..

3) Dame na Watashi ni Koishite Kudasai


File:Dame na Watashi ni Koishite Kudasai-p1.jpg

Another live action! I love loooooove this manga so I had quite high expectations but the drama did not disappoint. The cast portrayed the characters really well though the storyline didn't follow the manga too closely. They really chose the cast well esp for haruko san. Exactly same feeling as the haruko san in the manga.
*screams* I really like this.

(By now you can probably tell that I watch a lot of live action of mangas haha but these recent ones are reeeaaally good~)

Okay next lets talk about the 4 that I'm currently watching:

1) Watashi Kekkon Dekinai Janakute

Kekkon Dekinai Janakute, Shinai desu

Finally not a live action! This, like the many other japanese rom coms that I watched/am watching is about a going to be middle aged lady who can't get married and is trying to. In this drama, Tachibana Miyabi is 39, owns her own aesthetic clinic and is still hung up about her high school crush and she met this owner of a restaurant who gives her advice and tells her how to act to attain 'Mt Everest' (her high school crush).

Cast are a bit old but still attractive and drama is super funny and kinda relatable.
My only problem is that the highschool miyabi's actress does not look like a high school girl at all. omg.

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/08/82/6a/08826a22d1db386d29b2fda3080d1d73.jpg
You get what I mean?

2) Hayako sensei, Kekkon Surutte Hontou desu ka?

Hayako_sensei

I think this is my favourite out of the 4 I'm watching now. All 4 are nice but this drama is soooooo damn heartwarming. I don't know how the scriptwriters and director do it, but I'm crying at least once every episode.

Once again, this drama is about Hayako sensei, also a 30 plus year old woman and her colleagues trying to get married. However, this drama focus much less on love or on the main character. Each ep focuses on the problem of another character and it'll make the main character and/or that character learn something new. So it might be friendship, family kinship etc. Just super heartwarming every ep.

I think this might be the remake of a series of novels. And I really like the actress who plays Hayako sensei. She gives off this down to earth and reliable feeling yet can be retarded. Can we be friends?! hahahaha.
Highly recommend!!

3) Yutori desu ga nani ka?



At first I started watching this cause the main lead is the unlucky guy from okitegami kyoko no biboroku and that I saw the preview of the show at the end of another show that I was watching and it looks not too serious so I tried the first ep and I couldn't stop.

This drama is super not my usual romcom or light hearted mystery style. Okay first let me explain what this show is about.

This drama mainly talks about the main lead and this two other guys whom are also born in the same year 1987 and they are considered the first batch of 'Yutori', Yutori education (ゆとり教育 yutori-kyōiku?) is a Japanese education policy which reduces the hours and the content of the curriculum in primary education. In recent years, the mass media in Japan have used this phrase to criticize drops in scholastic ability.

Ya so in the show, the older people would use the term yutori negatively on them, like stereotyping all young people as having the same traits, the same way as older people in our country would call us the strawberry generation. The drama revolves around these 3 guys, the first batch of yutori so they would be looked down on by older people though they work really hard and how they deal with their juniors and subordinates who are really quite irritating and easily hurt.

The show is definitely not light hearted like what I'd expected but I continued watching because it gives me an objective view of how yutori/strawberry generation are viewed by others and what I should do to not fall into the stereotype.





Holy shit the other two guys were this good looking?! Omg they looked like this (bottom photo) in the show!!!


4) Omukae Desu (Omukae Death)

File:Omukae Death-p01.jpg

Back to something light-hearted. Another live action of a manga~ This time featuring my all time favourite Japanese Actor, Sota Fukushi!!!
*screams* sooooo damn good looking I can't though a bit too skinny. But we're the same age~~~







omg shit got carried away.
This is also another heartwarming drama. My cutie sota and the main lead girl needs to help spirits accomplish their wish so they can leave this world peacefully. Sorta like ghost whisperer.
The main lead girl is also quite cool, don't have the fake feels, with her double chin and all. me likes. But still don't wanna see them together hahahaha. Sota is mine!!

11:54 AM
▲