While searching high and low for a voucher that Sop gave me for my birthday last year which will be expiring soon, I found this bag stuffed to the brim with letters that I'd received over these 3 years after moving house.
And, like I said, it was stuffed to the brim so I took a few out and reread them while looking for the voucher and once again, I got hit by the fact that I'm loved, so loved by my friends which I often took for granted.
All those letters/postcards sent from when my friends went overseas for exchange or internships which I'd never gotten around to replying even after they came back because I was 'too busy' or that I'd 'forgotten'.
All those handmade birthday cards, christmas cards, valentine's day cards to which I'd slowly started to not write, to not make anymore over the years because I was 'too busy' or that 'my art supplies are not in this house'. Excuses even to my ears and I really dislike this aspect of my personality.
All of these would not have been in this bag, in those shoe boxes in the other house somewhere had my friends not cared, or that I wasn't important enough for them to put in this effort but yet, but yet. On some days or nights when I had free time but nobody was free to spend it with me, I'd be thinking how I 'have no friends'.
When I check my phone after a long day with no new notifications, I'd be thinking how my friends now have better friends who they would rather spend their time with.
Always jumping to conclusions without making an effort first.

Thank you to everyone who are still friends with me because seriously, its difficult to stay friends with me, to maintain a friendship with me.

12:57 AM
▲