R.I.P My beloved XM.
Just when I'd wanted to start blogging after doing my usual online rituals and replying to Chand's email, I look at the time on my computer and realise that its 3am already! wth.
Time really waits for nobody. this shall be a quick one cause there is school tomorrow.

It is official. I am a phone destroyer. 

On the way to school for guitar last wed, My Xiaomi freaking died on me. MYYYY PRECIOUS XIAOMIIII ㅠㅠㅠ
I really liked that phone damn it.
Anyway that day was such a frustrating day.

So my phoned died while i was on the way to school for guitar right, so i decided to go to Tanjong Pagar instead of school cause I thought that was where the XM service centre was and I had no way to check it since I don't have a phone and there is no wifi so i can't use my ipod to check either.

Right so when I finally reached tanjong pagar, I checked with the info counter person and realised that the XM service centre was not in that building and the person had very kindly searched for me the nearest one and it was at clarke quay central, which was thankfully quite near.

So I said thanks and lugged my guitar and my dead phone to clarke quay and after queuing for around half an hour, it was finally my turn.
The person then told me that the motherboard of my XM is dead and to replace it would cost 100 plus which I would be better off spending that amount to buy a new phone.
But I was really attached to that XM note (plus the new XM note costs 500 plus and ain't nobody got that amount of money) so i told the person to just fix it and he examined my cracked screen and told me that if i would like to repair it, i would also need to replace my screen and the total would add up to 200 plus (which is still cheaper than buying a new phone plus they can fix it within 2 hours and I really just want a phone to use) so i told him okay just fix it for me whatever but he die also don't want?! keep saying what even if i repair the warranty is also only for 1 month and it would spoil soon also blah blah. I was really desperate so i was like okay then just give me the smaller XM (that only costs 170 apparently) but then he was like  "we don't sell phones here" then wtf? why keep forcing me to buy?! then why do you have those phone models lying there in the middle of the room?! for decoration?!
then i was like okay fine then at least give me the wifi password.

I contacted Herman and told him that I couldn't go for guitar as by then I was already like 2 hours plus late and haven't told anybody yet and apparently they were worried and thought i met an accident and all lol gaiz why so cute.
And then I remembered that the nearest singtel was at bugis which also isn't that far so i went to bugis.

At the singtel shop, in order to check if my phone contract has alr ended, i had to key in my NRIC but no my phone contract isn't under my name but under my cousin's so i needed her IC and i wanted to ask her so i asked the store assistant for the wifi password but he die also don't wanna give me and asked me to connect to the capitalland mall's wifi out side the shop instead.
okay fine so i tried to connect but i needed to sign up for it and then they would send me a one time password so that i would have an hour's worth of free wifi and guess where they would send it to? My freaking phone number!
fine so i then checked if there were other unlocked wifi and there was this TCC one so i tried but it keeps acting up when i tried to sign up i just got so frustrated and gave up.
(WTF, SINGAPORE, I'M NOT TRYING TO BREAK OUT OF JAIL OR ROB A BANK!! I JUST NEED SOME WIFI FOR A WHILE, IS IT THAT DIFFICULT?!!! DAMN ALL THESE CORPORATIONS!!)
Anyway so i stomped back into the shop back to the exact same shop assistant, at the brink of tears cause i was soooo frustrated and told him i couldn't connect to the capitaland mall's wifi and asked him what should i do. and at that time i think he had forgotten that he had spoken to me and he was standing with the other shop assistants and they all gave me this "why is this girl stomping in and demanding for free wifi?" face. and i just went ahead at that exact same guy and said "I. NEEEED. TO CHECK. SOMETHINGGG." hoping that speaking slower would aid his brain gears to work but NO. He continued to look at me with his retarded face and seeing how i was going to either burst in anger or into tears, one of the girl assistant was like "you can use those over there" while pointing to those display models so i tried to find either facebook or internet but I just couldn't find it for the life of me so i gave up and went home.
wtheck, singtel, you're telling me that a telco shop can't even provide some wifi for its customers?!

What made me the most angry was how I was treated.  Be it the XM customer service dude or those shop assistants. I wasn't taken seriously at all! Had I been in my 30s and wearing some business suits then maybe I would be taken more seriously?!
Does 22 year old, 1.61m me who is carrying this giant guitar look like I can't afford a phone? That I am a freaking cheapskate who just want free wifi?
That just makes me so pissed with the world. and also with myself. like why can't I be someone who is more aggressive? The type who is not afraid to demand for what she deserves, be it compensation when she finds a strand of hair in her food at a restaurant or actually just some respect.
Which then reminded me of the feedback that we'd gotten after the presentation that time. that even though we are females, we should have more confidence in ourselves and demand for respect when respect should be given.
okay that wasn't the exact sentence the judge said but it was something along that line.

 But anyway, days like this makes me wonder why bad things happen to good people and why do my phones always die.

3:50 AM
▲