|
|
blog
|
|
PB LIFE
Before I continue on about my time in korea, I'd like to talk slightly about my life in sg now.I guess currently, I am at the peak of my pb working life. Ever since I came back from Korea, I'd been back to working at wisma with Mr Kang as the store manager which is great because Mr Kang is one of my favourite koreans, right next to Ahreum eonni. There really is a great difference when you're working under a good manager. Not only that every time I'm working I'd be working with my pbbff a.k.a joyce the retard. Talking about Joyce, I really really thank god that I sent my resume to pb and started working here and that we are both chiongsters because if not I would not have met her and became as close as we are now. I believe that soulmate does not only apply to my future partner but also friends because how else can i explain why we're like almost like the same person? I'd say her frequency and mine are only like 0.01 (whatever the measurement of frequency is) apart, jokes-wise, working style-wise and weirdness-wise (except maybe she's a little weirder than me). hahahaha. #samesamebutdifferent Unlike the past, the current pb working is no longer filled with drama happening on a daily basis and there aren't as many politics happening (or maybe i just don't know of them). People from different sections help each other out and care for each other unlike last time (everyone is so nice now. i love the current baristas and brunch people and the aunty baker~ and rashid the dishwasher who goes out of his way even though he might do a disappearing act now and then and michelle the super chill phillipino and zhenzhen~~) and also they are very nice to me cause they always give me food or drinks *tears of joy* (people who give me food are the best kind of people). The other eonnis are also super nice and funny so its fun to work. just the other day, it was a super ultra super busy saturday with quite little staff so it was quite stressful and i met an asshole customer which made me so pissed that i kinda teared a bit and when minjung eonni saw, she just dropped whatever she was doing (have i mentioned that it was super busy and we were understaffed) to pull me one side to ask me whats wrong and gave me a hug and said she's sorry and will buy nice food for me (and of course i ended up crying which was stupid even i know that but zzz). MY POINT IS THAT... THAT WAS REALLY SUPER NICE OF HER. (I really really like this aspect of the korean culture whereby the older or more senior one would take good care of their juniors. bring me back to korea~) yepp and the other service crews are also fun to work with. there is sort of a fixed friday and saturday closing crew now and recently i've gotten closer with people like hazel and xinrong. Xinrong is a fellow 1993 retard (HAHA) and hazel always give me food (Y)(Y). during closing we'd play old chinese songs from our era (cue mayday, s.h.e etc) and sing along to them as we clean up. its fun (: so overall work life is really good. haha. oh and on friday, it was halloween and after a 12 hour shift, joyce and i joined yidah and sheeny and sk to go butter factory cause it was free entry but we queued for like an hour plus and when it was our turn to go in, they told us that there are no longer any free entry. so we left to go clarke quay and ate and drank at this bar which had this live band playing chinese songs. hahaha. after we said bye to everyone at around 3, joyce didn't wanna go home yet so we went to BK to buy some fries to eat by the river but we realised that they started selling breakfast already so we shared a BK breakfast~ at like 3.30 in the morning hahaha. sooooooo many people at butter factory and they were all dressed for the occasion which makes us feel kinda out of place. also, sooo many people at clarke quay who were also dressed up. yepps, not meant to club means not meant to club~ hahaha. Sunday, November 2 |
11:37 PM
|